North Ayrshire’s premier business and inward investment location. This large, strategically located, site has the potential for the following:
- Large scale inward investment opportunity for new and fast growing businesses eg life science, data centres
- Floorspace available through the Ayrshire Growth Deal investment.
- Development land
- Opportunity to accommodate renewable energy projects.
The Strategic Investment Campus is a large site located within i3 – Irvine’s Enterprise Area. It is already home to around 40 companies including GSK, Vogel and Booth Welsh.
i3 is set to benefit from £21m of investment from the Ayrshire Growth Deal. This will include locating new advanced manufacturing floorspace at the Strategic Investment Campus site.
It is an excellent location just 30 miles south west of Glasgow and seven miles west of Kilmarnock within North Ayrshire. The Campus has:
- excellent road connections to Glasgow Airport (35 mins) and Prestwick Airport (10 mins), Greenock and Ayr
- connections to ferry terminals at Cairnryan, Troon and Ardrossan
- trunk road connectivity – A71 and A76 road connections to the M77 and M74
The site has an overall area of 205 acres (83 hectares). A 90 acre (36 hectares) development site has been created, including a 50 acre (20 hectares) level development platform.
Current infrastructure includes:
- 600 metres long distributor road
- 30 MVA electricity with potential for 100 MVA
- High capacity water supply (40 gallons per minute)
- SUDs including river waste water management
- Access to superfast broadband
- Potential for two large wind turbines
As i3 is one of Scotland’s life science Enterprise Areas, the Council is keen to support interest from this sector group but will consider wider interest from other sectors.
Simplified and accelerated planning policies and procedures are in place for Use Classes four, five and six.
i3 is identified as a business and industry employment location (policy 7) within the adopted local development plan for North Ayrshire. The Council supports and promotes the development of i3 for these purposes.
Accelerated capital allowances are currently available of up to 100% for plant and machinery.
Marnie Ritchie, Regeneration Manager, Growth & Investment, North Ayrshire Council