Team North Ayrshire partners are committed to supporting new businesses to start up, helping existing businesses to grow and assisting others to locate in North Ayrshire.
There’s a wide range of assistance available to help you grow your business. This includes:
- expert advice
- grant support
- connections to other bodies who can help you reach your business goals
If you are thinking about starting a business, Business Gateway has a wealth of information to help you get off on the right foot. They also offer a range of workshops and networking events across Scotland.
If you are an existing business with ambition to grow, there is a range of grant and financial support that can be provided by North Ayrshire Council or our Team North Ayrshire partners.
Business Growth Fund
The Business Growth Fund, funded and administered by North Ayrshire Council with the support of the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), aims to assist businesses to reach their growth potential and make the most efficient use of resources. It assists with areas such as:
- Developing and implementing a digital approach to innovation.
- Improving customer and supplier communications and systems by encouraging e-business.
- Improving resource and energy efficiency.
- Raising business capacity and readiness to assess their funding requirements, manage new funding and become investor ready.
The programme is available to sector specific small to medium sized enterprises (SME) in North Ayrshire provided they clearly demonstrate a growth potential.
In addition, further grant support is available from the organisations below.
- Scottish Enterprise
- North Ayrshire Council – in addition to the Business Growth Fund, North Ayrshire Council operates a grant scheme that is non-sector specific and not restricted in the areas it can support.
- Princes Trust
Irvine also benefits from Enterprise Area status, specifically targeted at the Life Sciences sector. A number of sites and premises in Irvine may benefit from enhanced capital allowances and rates-free periods (currently available until March 2020).