Location & connections
When you choose North Ayrshire for your business, you’re choosing a location strategically connected to both local and global markets. A prosperous science, engineering and manufacturing hub where you can tap into skilled workers and world class business support.
- An excellent location on the west of Scotland, 30 minutes from Glasgow city centre
- Access to UK, Irish, European and American markets via road, rail, air and sea
- Close to two international airports: over 400 flights to London every week
- Deep water, high traffic sea ports serving Europe and the USA
- Over 1,000 passenger trains to Glasgow every week
- Trunk road connectivity to major motorways
- Over 96% of North Ayrshire premises access broadband speeds in excess of 24 Mbps
People & talent
People build your business. Skilled, qualified employees to help create and deliver your vision now and in the future.
- Scotland has the most highly-qualified workforce in the UK
- There are over 700,000 potential employees living in our travel-to-work area
- Our travel-to-work area has a stable working age population
- With easy access to four universities, between them educating almost 60,000 undergraduates, North Ayrshire residents are improving their qualifications every year.
We have seen a 33% increase in the proportion of residents with degree level qualifications in the last seven years. Modern Apprenticeship take-up rates are 29% higher than the national average.
And, there is a rich source of managerial talent on the doorstep. 14,000 people travel out of North Ayrshire daily to work in managerial and professional roles.
Opportunities & sector focus
If you’re looking to benefit from locating alongside complementary businesses in your industry, North Ayrshire offers a number of key commercial and industrial hubs equipped to support your business requirements.
Land and property availability
We have a wide variety of land and property available to rent or buy.
What does North Ayrshire have to offer an inward investor?
North Ayrshire has all the ingredients needed for you to succeed! The Ayrshire Growth Deal is a transformational investment programme by public and private sectors. Over £251 million will be invested in Ayrshire over the next 15 years, focusing on advanced technology and digital automation, environmental sustainability and circular economy, tourism and creative arts.
An excellent location on the west coast of Scotland, 30 minutes from Glasgow city centre with over 400 flights to London every week plus access to worldwide markets by road, air, rail and sea.
Scotland has the most highly qualified workforce in the UK and North Ayrshire’s travel-to-work area has over 700,000 potential employees and easy access to four universities, between them educating almost 60,000 undergraduates.