Update 6th July 2020
This fund will close to applications on Friday 10th July at 5pm.
30th April 2020
The Newly Self Employed Hardship Fund is a new support mechanism, funded by the Scottish Government, designed and administered by Scottish Local Authorities, to support the newly self employed who are not covered by already announced support packages.
In order to qualify for support (£2,000 Grant) you need to have become self-employed since 6th April, 2019 and not yet recorded a full years Tax Self Assessment submission.
In order to submit your application you will need to submit a Newly Self Employed Hardship Fund application form with supporting information. Application forms can be downloaded from this page or the North Ayrshire Council website (download). A PDF version of the application form is also available.
North Ayrshire Council are working to a 10 working day turnaround from receipt of a fully compliant submission to Grant payment.
You will need to scan or photo and attach the following items with your application:
- Photographic proof of identity (for example a valid passport or driving licence)
- Proof of address (for example a recent council tax bill or utility bill)
- Evidence of active trading up to March 2020:
Three forms of evidence:
- Bank statements (business or personal) covering 3 months to March 2020 showing income and outgoings from self-employment (Mandatory requirement)
And any 2 of
- A supplier or reseller trade account (active)
- Valid business insurance
- HMRC Unique Taxpayer Reference (if registered). If not yet registered, copy of correspondence/other details showing registration is being sought/or provide further details to explain position.
- VAT Registration Number
- Marketing materials for your business, eg business website, active social media – provide web links
- Other evidence of business activity to support your claim
Applications and enquiries relating to this support should be directed to NSEHardshipFund@North-Ayrshire.gov.uk